Obagi® Chemical Peels – Peel away the signs of ageing!
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a minimally invasive procedure that helps improve the appearance of skin. During the procedure, Dr Sally (Specialist Aesthetic Doctor & Skincare Practitioner) will carefully apply combinations of powerful solutions to the face, décolletage (neck and chest), or hands to remove dead skin cells. The solutions penetrate into the skin, causing dead skin cells to peel off. The new skin is smoother and more refined looking.
There are many types of chemical peel preparations, and the right preparation for you depends on your skin type and desired results. Application of the peels takes about 20-30 minutes.
Obagi® Blue Peel RADIANCE®
Reveal Beautiful, Younger-Looking Skin With a Light Chemical Peel
Light or superficial chemical peels, such as the Blue Peel RADIANCE® usually consist of alpha and beta hydroxyl acids such as glycolic, lactic, or salicylic acid that are combined to improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Mild to Moderate sun damage
- Uneven tone and texture
- Acne and Acne scarring
Reveal a new layer of beautiful skin with Blue Peel RADIANCE®
- Superficial salicylic acid-based peel
- Can be used for a wide range of skin types
- Tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 peel
- Quick and easy procedure with little or no downtime
Blue Peel RADIANCE® delivers improvements in the appearance of skin tone and texture.
At day 35 (1 week after 3rd peel), the appearance of patients’ skin was improved vs baseline:
- 100% of patients had at least 1 grade improvement in tactile roughness
- 100% of patients’ skin appeared tighter, smoother and brighter-looking after each peel
- 87% of patients said that the Blue Peel RADIANCE® met their expectations and they would recommend it to a friend
- 80% of patients had at least 1 grade improvement in sun damage and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Peel Away the Signs of Skin Aging
See how Blue Peel RADIANCE® delivers improvements in the appearance of skin complexion and texture.*
Obagi® Blue Peel
Discover the Beautiful, Younger-Looking Skin Within
Medium-depth chemical peels, such as the Blue Peel® often include the use of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) to improve the appearance of:
- Fine to medium wrinkles
- Moderate to severe sun damage
- Discolouration problems
- Acne Scars
Chemical peels in general can also improve other skin problems, including:
- Facial scars
- Rough skin
Skin will appear firmer, clearer and smoother. The patented Blue Peel Base allows your doctor to tailor the application process to specific needs of your skin. Please note that the original Blue Peel® can be applied to the face, décolletage (neck and chest), hands, back of the arms and legs.
DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE YOUR COMPLEXION IN JUST ONE DAY!
WHAT IS AN OBAGI® BLUE PEEL?
Obagi® Blue Peels are facial chemical peel procedures performed by your skin care physician. Dr Sally will control the depth of the peel and the number of coats you need so the treatment is specific to your skin type. The Obagi® Blue Peel is usually used in conjunction with the Nu-Derm System to enhance and potentiate the anti-ageing effects on the skin.
WHAT CAN AN OBAGI® BLUE PEEL TREAT?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Epidermal and dermal pigmentation problems
- Superficial acne scarring
- Large pores and comedones (white-heads)Solar keratoses
- Skin laxity and uneven texture
CAN I GO INTO THE SUN AFTER A SKIN PEEL?
No, 5 days out of the sun and then at least factor 50.
WHY IS THE OBAGI® NU-DERM SYSTEM USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH OBAGI® BLUE PEELS?
Those seeking skin resurfacing procedures (Blue Peel) usually have unhealthy skin. By improving important skin cell functions with the Obagi® Nu-Derm System prior to the procedure, post-procedure care is enhanced and down time is reduced. Further, the post-procedure variables such as sensitivity, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, erythema and scarring are reduced. Early recovery of normal skin structure and function will ultimately boost satisfaction with the procedure.
HOW LONG SHOULD OBAGI® NU-DERM BE USED BEFORE GETTING A BLUE PEEL?
It varies based on the skin type, skin condition and depth of the Blue Peel. Usually, a minimum pre-conditioning program lasts 6 weeks. Skin with more pigment or hyperpigmentation requires 12-18 weeks.
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RECOVERY TIME?
Depending on the depth level of the Blue Peel, healing time is between 3 and 10 days. After the procedure, you will experience light swelling and your skin will begin to peel within 2 to 3 days.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
- You should consider an Obagi® Blue Peel once you have completed at least 6 weeks of the Obagi® Nu-Derm System
- When you arrive you will fill out a consent form, which will be followed with pre-treatment photography
- You will be given a mild pain killer if required
- A couple of coats of the Obagi® liquid is applied to your skin
- You will be kept comfortable by a cooled air jet
- The procedure takes 30-60 minutes to complete
- Blue colour will persist on skin until peeling complete
- Peeling begins at day 2-3 and completes by day 10-14
- Results noticeable by 6 weeks
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- Redness and swelling is COMMON
- Skin infections are LESS COMMON – readily treated with antibiotics
- Post peel eruption of cold sores are RARE – treated with Zovirax
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is RARE– treatable with Hydroquinone cream
- Scarring is VERY RARE
- Allow skin to peel naturally – DO NOT pick or pull skin fragments
- Apply Obagi® Action or Comfort Gel to tight, dry or itchy skin
- Try cold compress for swelling and inflammation
- Simple analgesia is recommended initially
- Make up may be applied to new skin after 7 days
- Avoid sun exposure without SPF > 35 for at least 6 weeks
- Resume Obagi® Nu-Derm maintenance once peeling complete
Click here to email Dr. Sally for more information & to arrange an appointment.